The Crop Top Fad
Crop Top: Short top usually exposing the midriff, but not always. May also be categorized as a half top, boob tube/tube top, or bustier.
The crop top fashion has become a very popular trend in the past year. It’s comfortable and sexy with that peek-a-boo effect! I can’t even count how many I own in numerous styles. Recently women started wearing it with a more modest approach recently: paired with a high waisted skirt, jeans or modest shorts to balance out the high hemline. The shirt can be a fun twist on a traditional silhouette by drawing attention to the higher natural waistline (the smallest part) and creating a feminine figure that isn’t too revealing.
In the 1980′s Madonna caused controversy in her “Lucky Star” video and in the movie Dirty Dancing with Jennifer Grey’s variation of crop tops spiced up the big screen.
Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera also made the crop top popular amoungst teeny boppers in the 1990′s.
Now, if you like these past looks and still want to show off some skin it’s about interpreting the crop top into elegant new looks that often show a little bit of a toned midriff. This season the crop top is worn in many ways. You can layer it with a long tank underneath, wear it with a blazer, bare more bare less, off the shoulder, just get creative with it. One of my favorite versions of the crop top is the bustier. It’s flirty and fun with a pair of skinny jeans and heels! You can show as little or as much skin as you want depending on the occasion, outfit, time of day or how confident you feel. So, don’t be scared… just TRY IT!
similar styles you might like…
I’m Brit and I am a Lip Plumper ADDICT! Isn’t that how the 12 steps start??…
I have multiple lip plumpers in different shades and brands. I carry them in every purse, and makeup bag I own and keep a couple in my car to make sure I never have to go without. I’ve tried almost every lip enlarging, plumping, and enhancing device on the market and these are my top LIP PLUMPER choices according to price and quality.
1. LipFusion Color Shine: This is my top pick! I have been using it for 2 years and see a noticeable difference in size and texture of my lips. This lip plumping color shine is formulated with marine collagen micro-spheres that are absorbed by your lips and then absorb moisture causing mild-swelling which gives lip a full, plump look. Results can last for up to 48 hours or longer with continued use. Which means no need to necessarily reapply for plumping results. I love how the top (lid) is like a mirror so you can use it accordingly and apply your gloss easily with no mess or restroom trips! Since this does have collagen in it, the more you use it the more it will rebuild and restore you lips. For a more youthful, fuller, more plump pout use this daily. This formula has long term and lasting effects.
B’s Results: Minty smell/taste/feel, enhances natural shape, lasting effects NO burning!!
2. DuWop Lip Venom: Lip Venom was the very first lip plumper on the market, creating the lip plumping category for the beauty industry. It uses essential oils to increase circulation that cause the blood to rush to the surface of the lips, flushing and swelling them. The gloss also includes oils that moisturize and give the lips intense shine. You end up with a shiny, rosey pout that cannot be achieved by wearing ordinary lip gloss. This is a thick gloss that is STICKY which stays on well, but beware!
B’s Results: Very tingly, enhances natural lip color, and gives a “Bee stung look”
2. Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme: This is to be used Day and Night with you normal beauty routine, but CAN be used as a all day plumper. It is pack with nutrients and has long term lasting effects. The formula stimulates blood flow (which burns for 5-10min) to promote fullness and promotes moisture for a longer lasting effect. Doses of Avocado and Jojoba Oil condition to ensure a softness and the serum improves the appearance of dry, flaky lips. Lip lines also diminish while moisture levels increase after long-term use.
B’s Results: Brief tingly sensation, slight redness, instantly and visibly plumps.
3. LipFusion InFATuation: Revolutionary breakthrough; LipFusion’s Infatuation Liquid Shine Multi-Action Lip Fattener is the first liquid lip COLOR with extraordinary Amplifat technology to help increase and maintain volume. This formula helps provide more youthful looking lips, instantly plumps, yet it only temporarily plumps. It is VERY thick and you may want to remove before reapplying, because it does get “cakey” and will leave a film. It’s the brilliance of a high shine gloss with the luxury of a liquid lipstick!
B’s Results: Slight tingle, solid lip color with shine, temporary plump, and lasting moisture.
4. Sally Hansen Lip Inflation: This a steal for how inexpensive this lip plumper is. it works great and plumps nicely. It doesn’t have longer term lasting effects like LipFusion, but if you don’t mind reapplying then… Dare to compare! Refreshingly tingly gloss instantly inflates lips. Ginger and Cinnamon help stimulate and plump lips. Peppermint provides lips with a cooling and stimulating sensation. Lips become flushed and plump instantly for a look that lasts. This formula also seems to leave my lips soft!
B’s Results: Slight tingle, visibly plumps, NO redness!
Want your skin glowing and smooth to the touch?! Try pampering it! Clinical studies have shown that Clarisonic is over 2 times more effective in removing oil, 6 times more effective in removing makeup and resulted in 60% better absorption of skin care products. The unit is waterproof, cordless and rechargeable. SOLD! That right there sells itself and made me skeptical enough to try it. I bought it, tried it, and loved it! I have been using it every day for 2 months now and my skin texture has improved tremendously. It is easy and quick to use. The only words of advice I have are to remove your eye makeup separately and do not use the Clarisonic on or around the eye area. It is much too sensitive and can cause damage to the skin.
Clarisonic uses ultrasonic vibrations to open pores and gently remove makeup and everyday dirt and grime from your skin. It’s oscillating brush exfoliates while it stimulates. The brush head is soft (yet effective) and can be used with your favorite cleanser. You can also use this on other parts of your body such as: back or chest area. Your skin is left looking clean, gently exfoliated, feeling soft and ready to absorb skincare products better. It is even gentle enough to use twice a day!
- Minimizes pores
- Improves skin texture
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Deep pore cleansing
- Reduces fine line
- Promotes healthy skin
- Improves uneven skin tone
- Deep cleans. Removing dirt/makeup residue
- Reduces blemishes
BEFORE & AFTER
***For more product information you can go to Clarisonic
What is Peplum?
Flirt without saying a word! Peplum skirts, dresses and tops, are defined by a short flared ruffle that sits at the natural waist (that’s the tiniest part!). I’ve already spotted tons of new trends this Spring, but I think this one might be my fave!
This added ruffle adds a perfect ladylike sass to your outfit. Slimming your waistline and accentuating your beautiful, womanly curves at the same time. What’s not to love?? With peplum, your silhouette will be looking fit and curvaceous in all the right places.
- Casual: Transform a simple jacket into a funky cover-up by adding dramatic peplum blazer. Wear it with skinny jeans and flats or layer over a classic dress. For a more professional look.
- Professional: Choose a form-fitting jacket with a subtle flair, accessorized with a skinny belt to minimize the waist. Wear with a snug pencil skirt and pumps for a work ensemble.
- Place your peplum on your pencil skirt rather than blouse for a more feminine cut. Peplum teamed with the classic pencil cut creates a beautifully chic article of clothing for a sleek silhouette. This looks classic and elegant.
- Add a peplum-adorned dress to your wardrobe for the perfect outfit for cocktail hour. Choose a long peplum for an elegant look or a shorter peplum for perky party look.
Recycle. Re-Wear. Re-Use.
Do you have a hard time piecing together outfits and re-wearing your old clothes that are out dated, not in style any more, or no longer the right size? Or maybe you don’t have the funds to go out and splurge on all fabulous new threads. Try “recycling” your old clothes and making them into trendy pieces for every season. Here are some quick and easy tips on how to re-style your wardrobe:
1. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns. Pattern mixing is like color-blocking, playing tricks on the eyes but giving your outfit a slight pop. Use patterns you like and feel comfortable wearing. The best part about mixing patterns is the patterns don’t have to match (and shouldn’t for more fun), they just have to contrast in color.
2. Whether you lost weight or you just love something and have to buy it even in the wrong size (like me)… it’s time to bring out your inner “grandma.” Over-sized sweaters are comfortable, easy to find, are really in style and seem to be a forever trend amongst the fashion forward street scene. Remember, if you do bulky on top, then stay slim on bottom- not to look too frumpy. Let the sweater hang off the shoulder, roll up the sleeves, or belt it for some subtle sexiness!
3. Color blocking is your vibrant friend that is an easy way to change up your wardrobe. Try wearing all the solid pieces you own together. you can mix and match a few key pieces and get multiple outfits. If you do this, then you’ve got a whole new outfit for free.
4. Layer, layer layer! Colors, patterns, textures, and most of all layer clothes. Do you have a bunch of tops, sweaters, and jackets but can’t make an outfit out of one? You can even layer the bottom half of your outfits. Try layering an leather jacket, button down sweater, and a blouse with jeans and high heels. For an edgier Spring time look you can wear a tank top and layer nylons under and pair of shorts with some combat boots (every girl should own a pair for a quick added edge).
5. Scarves are a get accessory to an outfit. They can be worn as head pieces, around your neck for warmth and even as a belt. Scarves range in different sizes, textures and functions. If you’re having a bad hair day, put your hair into a slightly messy bun and wrap a scarf around your head as a headband to take the edge off of your distressed locks.
7. Mixing and matching accessories can make a bold statement! Wearing a whole bunch of bracelets all at once with a fun dress on both arms or statement necklaces over a modest dress and this can easily revive them both.
A Vibrant Pout: 3 Hot Spring Lip Shades
Spring is approaching quickly and bright lips are back to play and a new hue on your pout can add style and energy to any outfit. It’s also one of the easiest, and possibly the most inexpensive, ways to spice up your look. Bright shades are in this Spring and you want to be the one standing out in the crowd! Here are my top 3 must haves for your handbag!
Hot Pink – MAC “Show Orchid”
- A fuchsia lip has been popular for months, and is still one of the hottest colors for the upcoming months. Sometimes a bright pink is all you need to top off your Spring makeup. Every girl should own a pink lip stick. This is a must! I like to pairing it with a shimmery cheek and a cat eye.
Burnt Orange – Bobbi Brown “Orange”
- Texas girls… are you ready for something bold? A swipe of burnt orange will add to any outfit this coming Spring. This orange will look flawless next to your golden tan and sun kissed hair. It’s difficult to find one exact shade that suits all skin tones, but it’s all about trial and error.
Coral – Elizabeth Arden “Neoclassical Coral”
Why not try a shade of coral to flatter a Spring look? If you are in doubt about a bright lip, this can be your happy medium. It’s not quite pink but not quite orange. Coral is the perfect in between shade that seems to go with everything! I actually wear this color all year ’round. It adds a playful punch to everything from jeans and a T-shirt to a feminine floral dress and is perfect for spring!
…or Make your pucker POP with a lip stain! These are my 3 recent purchases and current faves!
- Pop Pink (pink)
- Poppy Kiss (orange)
- Peach Pucker (light coral)
A messy bun is the oldest trick in the lazy hair handbook. Most of us are guilty of it at one point or another, whether doing it to get your hair off your neck and out of your face, or you just want to mask a bad hair day. I am guilty of it! I am constantly pulling my hair back (on my day off) in the AM, cleaning house, and then by mid afternoon looking the mirror and thinking “This looks pretty darn good. Messy, but kinda sexy. Now, if only it will last me through the night!” I’m sure some of you ladies have done this and thought this at least once.The good news is, that messy is the new sleek and ANYONE can pull off these effortless toss-up and go looks.
While this frumpy hairdo may have started off as a casual day off afterthought, it has now made a come back on the runways. This undone up-do has volume and texture and when done right, it can also add a splash of sex appeal or soft romantic vibe to any look. This tousled ‘do goes perfect with Spring’s minimal makeup with a pop-of-color look.
How to pull this look off?
It’s classic, cool and effortless! This understated look is easy to do and looks like you spent hours creating it! To ensure this messy style seems intentional, you need to create balance between your outfit and hair. The looser and messier the hair is, the more form fitting the outfit should be. If you are wearing something more flowing, opt for a sleeker version of the messy bun. Don’t be afraid to add a headband, gem barrette, or another hair accessory.