I have had so many women asking about BB Creams and why it’s “so special?” If you haven’t already heard some of the buzz on BB creams, you must be living in a cave. Also, referred to as Beauty Balms or Blemish Balms, I’ve been seeing a lot of them over the last several months advertised everywhere from Sephora to your typical drugstore.
So, what are BB creams? If you think this stuff sounds like a miracle cream, you might be disappointed, but thinking of it as a one-step time saver in your makeup regimen you will be relieved! BB Creams are a combination of several skin products your probably already using. They combine multiple skin care ingredients, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and an SPF! Most of these BB Creams have coverage that is heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but lighter than a medium coverage foundation. You can apply it with your fingers, sponge or my favorite a foundation brush. They are designed to give your skin a radiant finish! Sounds awesome right?
Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20 – $32
This Beauty Balm comes in 4 shades, vanilla glow, creme glow, nude glow, and beach glow. Achieve better-than-real looking skin today and healthier skin long term by using this anti-aging, multi-mineral complex that promotes cell health, strengthens skin’s elasticity, and enhances luminosity. This versatile tinted skin perfector instantly delivers oil-free hydration and primes the skin while protecting with a chemical-free SPF 20 UVA/UVB broad-spectrum sunscreen. Wear any of the shades alone and get a nice dewy look or under foundation to achieve your ideal level of luminous coverage. I think it gives enough coverage to use alone with a loose powder over the top.
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 – $39
Smashbox is best known for it’s primers, so when they came out with a BB Cream it only seemed right. This BB Cream comes in multiple shades that are easy to choose from. The 5 shades are fair, light, light/medium, medium, dark. This is the BB Cream I use on a regular basis. I love it’s ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas and it’s fragrance FREE! This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin. It gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin.
Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm – $38
One formula that’s ideal for all skin types and skintones. It’s oil-free formula is infused with innovative micro-spheres, which have been shown to hide skin imperfections and reduce wrinkle depth by up to 84 percent. This unique formula contains natural, skin-protecting emollients, which have been shown to increase antioxidant activity by up to 89.7 percent and is enriched with tripeptide-37, bamboo, and pea extracts, which help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I noticed that the Stila Beauty Balm gives great coverage in hiding pores, wrinkles, and has more of a matte finish.
Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30 – $37
This BB Cream gives sheer coverage which is perfect for a pool or lake day! It’s available in 3 basic shades: very fair (pink undertone), very fair to moderately fair (golden undertone), moderately fair to medium (golden undertone). Even though it only comes in 3 shades, it’s more translucent than most other BB Creams so it blends beautifully. It has SPF protection, antioxidants for prevention, plus the light coverage to banish imperfections. The Clinique BB Cream is great to use just as a primer under foundation as well. If your looking for less coverage this ones for you!
Boscia BB Cream SPF 27 PA++ – $38
This oil-free B.B. Cream has a gentle botanical formula that hydrates, firms, and soothes the skin. It helps to diminish the appearance of pores, fine lines, and uneven skintone while providing long-wearing, natural coverage. The only downfall is that it only comes in one tone. The formula is supposed to be a self-adjusting, universal shade to warm to complement MOST skin tones and blend for sheer, flawless coverage. Designed to repair damage and protect skin from future damage without irritation, it’s packed with antioxidants and physical sunscreens that provide broad-spectrum sun protection rated to SPF 27 and PA++. The PA system is a grade of UVA protection that provides superior defense against the rays that cause collagen damage and photo-aging of the skin.
Brit’s Bang 4 UR Buck!!
Garnier BB Cream SPF 15 – $13
This is less than half the price of all the other creams! Whoop Whoop! The magic of this BB cream is that you get the multi-benefit of advanced skin care, immediate coverage, and SPF at a bargain price! You can purchase Garnier BB Cream at most drugstores. Available in 2 convenient shades of light/medium and medium/deep. The Miracle Skin Perfector hydrates the skin and unifies your complexion, leaving a flawless finish that lasts. I have very sensitive skin and only wear select professional products, so I was very skeptical. It gives good coverage. I wore this for 16 hours straight and it did not break me out.
***To find more beauty and style steals look for #BB4URB (Brit’s Bang 4 UR Buck) Follow me on my Facebook and Twitter!
I’m Brit and I am a Lip Plumper ADDICT! Isn’t that how the 12 steps start??…
I have multiple lip plumpers in different shades and brands. I carry them in every purse, and makeup bag I own and keep a couple in my car to make sure I never have to go without. I’ve tried almost every lip enlarging, plumping, and enhancing device on the market and these are my top LIP PLUMPER choices according to price and quality.
1. LipFusion Color Shine: This is my top pick! I have been using it for 2 years and see a noticeable difference in size and texture of my lips. This lip plumping color shine is formulated with marine collagen micro-spheres that are absorbed by your lips and then absorb moisture causing mild-swelling which gives lip a full, plump look. Results can last for up to 48 hours or longer with continued use. Which means no need to necessarily reapply for plumping results. I love how the top (lid) is like a mirror so you can use it accordingly and apply your gloss easily with no mess or restroom trips! Since this does have collagen in it, the more you use it the more it will rebuild and restore you lips. For a more youthful, fuller, more plump pout use this daily. This formula has long term and lasting effects.
B’s Results: Minty smell/taste/feel, enhances natural shape, lasting effects NO burning!!
2. DuWop Lip Venom: Lip Venom was the very first lip plumper on the market, creating the lip plumping category for the beauty industry. It uses essential oils to increase circulation that cause the blood to rush to the surface of the lips, flushing and swelling them. The gloss also includes oils that moisturize and give the lips intense shine. You end up with a shiny, rosey pout that cannot be achieved by wearing ordinary lip gloss. This is a thick gloss that is STICKY which stays on well, but beware!
B’s Results: Very tingly, enhances natural lip color, and gives a “Bee stung look”
2. Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme: This is to be used Day and Night with you normal beauty routine, but CAN be used as a all day plumper. It is pack with nutrients and has long term lasting effects. The formula stimulates blood flow (which burns for 5-10min) to promote fullness and promotes moisture for a longer lasting effect. Doses of Avocado and Jojoba Oil condition to ensure a softness and the serum improves the appearance of dry, flaky lips. Lip lines also diminish while moisture levels increase after long-term use.
B’s Results: Brief tingly sensation, slight redness, instantly and visibly plumps.
3. LipFusion InFATuation: Revolutionary breakthrough; LipFusion’s Infatuation Liquid Shine Multi-Action Lip Fattener is the first liquid lip COLOR with extraordinary Amplifat technology to help increase and maintain volume. This formula helps provide more youthful looking lips, instantly plumps, yet it only temporarily plumps. It is VERY thick and you may want to remove before reapplying, because it does get “cakey” and will leave a film. It’s the brilliance of a high shine gloss with the luxury of a liquid lipstick!
B’s Results: Slight tingle, solid lip color with shine, temporary plump, and lasting moisture.
4. Sally Hansen Lip Inflation: This a steal for how inexpensive this lip plumper is. it works great and plumps nicely. It doesn’t have longer term lasting effects like LipFusion, but if you don’t mind reapplying then… Dare to compare! Refreshingly tingly gloss instantly inflates lips. Ginger and Cinnamon help stimulate and plump lips. Peppermint provides lips with a cooling and stimulating sensation. Lips become flushed and plump instantly for a look that lasts. This formula also seems to leave my lips soft!
B’s Results: Slight tingle, visibly plumps, NO redness!